About Me

We moved out to Portugal to live a frugal but better , simpler and peaceful life, our house is a very basic, semi ruin, up in the hills outside Figueiro Dos Vinhos, where we work our land, enjoy life with each other and our dogs, and hope to make the smallest carbon footprint we can,

Friday 25 February 2011

Glorious Weather Returns

After last weeks storm, the last few days have been glorious, 19-20º and sunny and beautiful... All is well with my world, my broad beans are looking healthy and have flowers on, my garlic is 6 inches high, the grelos is coming on and even the carrots are showing seedlings up and growing...
Rik is busy rototilling everywhere possible, the back terrace is done, ready for me to organise the new herb garden... the rest of the area will be corn, tomatoes and  strawberries..

Im so eager to get out there, but know that if I go too fast the late frosts we generally have in April will catch me out yet again...
We have guests in the cottage and a few nice enquiries coming in reguarly now... I feel hopeful for our summer season as we generally can rely on Spanish holidaymakers to fill the very hot months of July and August, and I look forward to them coming, such nice polite people.
Sorry this is so brief... I have meals to cook and wood to stack...