About Me

We moved out to Portugal to live a frugal but better , simpler and peaceful life, our house is a very basic, semi ruin, up in the hills outside Figueiro Dos Vinhos, where we work our land, enjoy life with each other and our dogs, and hope to make the smallest carbon footprint we can,

Thursday 5 March 2009

Wild Winds...

Wow are we having some weather ! All day yesterday and all night we had howling gales, it was so loud last night we couldnt sleep much, its calmed a little this morning but seems to be building again now. I do love wild weather and boy do we get it up at Bouça during the spring and autumn. There is nothing to do but batten down and stay by the fire.... unless like me you come into town instead... hehehehe
A quiet day tomorrow, must wash and dry my hair by the fire as we have been invited to a meal by an elderly neighbour, I must also make a Egg Custard Tart to take with us as she really likes them. We are looking forward to it lots, it will be a challenging evening as there will be no-one there who speaks a word of English so our Portuguese will be put to the test.
I spoke too soon in my last update, we had a electric bill yesterday, 25 euros cheaper than the last one, and half of that was estimated as we changed the meter halfway through the cycle...
I'm encoured but not overjoyed, we'll wait for the next one for a true reading...