About Me

We moved out to Portugal to live a frugal but better , simpler and peaceful life, our house is a very basic, semi ruin, up in the hills outside Figueiro Dos Vinhos, where we work our land, enjoy life with each other and our dogs, and hope to make the smallest carbon footprint we can,

Monday 18 October 2010

Hard working helpers...

Just to say our two helpers have arrived, both on friday, and both are lovely women, hard working and great company.. already the difference is showing, 3/4 of our vines have been clipped very hard, and two big trees cleared of Ivy that was smothering them. The area I want to use for my medicinal herbs has been cleared and we are going to prune the Lavender tomorrow and plant the border hedge with the trimmings.. Its so exciting to be making a positive start at last.
We'll have to start to weed the cottage gravel area too, as the rain has made everything grow like mad.. including the weeds.

The weather is still great, quite chilly nights and mornings, but nice warm sunny days... still around 19-23ยบ
Sarah , one of our helpers even had a swim yesterday.... Brrrrrr to cold for me...

Ive got some onion seed heads that the nice lady where  we buy our gas bottles gave me, funnily enough I buy my onion seed from her and was in the other week asking which was best, which grew biggest... instead of selling me some... she gave me some of her own from home... heheheh I love the people of this country...