About Me

We moved out to Portugal to live a frugal but better , simpler and peaceful life, our house is a very basic, semi ruin, up in the hills outside Figueiro Dos Vinhos, where we work our land, enjoy life with each other and our dogs, and hope to make the smallest carbon footprint we can,

Tuesday 23 February 2010

menu planning.

Ive just been reading back and realised my promise of putting my menus and meal planning on here, didnt actually last very long... sorry, Ive been so caught up with other things, remembering what I try to blog about is tricky...
I am still menu planning, I make sure I do it every week, it certainly helps with the shopping plan and my time as well....
We are eating stew a lot at the moment... I do try to vary it so its not just stew... but.. having said that, at the end of the day stew is stew isnt it. Its just that its cheap, warming on a cold wet day ( boy do we have plenty of them at the moment,) and healthy, and for me with a disassembled kitchen, easy to make with no fuss...
So this weeks menus...

Mon. mixed veg omelette (a sort of tortilla type thing with cheese) home made bread and butter. Apple & blackberry crepes.

Tues Soya savoury mince, with roast potatoes, carrots and cabbage. fresh fruit.

Weds. Bubble & Squeak special... (chop up extra roasties, left over veg, add onion, garlic, and chopped tomatoes) and refry till crispy and brown. Ummm Yum. Kiwi pie and icecream..

Thurs. 1/2 roast chicken, roast pots, cauli, green beans.

Fri Chicken Stew from yesterdays carcase, -add soaked dried beans, and elbow pasta, and veg.

Sat Soya Spaggetti Bol . Pear crumble & custard.

Sun Lasagne made from yesterdays extra soya mince sauce